I made the above video 11 months ago when I realised how healthy I was beginning to feel when I no longer dyed my hair. Further research in to the dangers of hair dye was enough for me to decide never to dye my hair again. This journey is on my Gracefully Natural channel if you are interested. As someone who has a connection to flowers I also wonder what the chemicals are doing to the environment, after all there are an estimated 35% of women who dye their hair.
When people ask me why I no longer dye my hair I tell them about the health issues I had. The majority don’t believe me or don’t want to believe me. Those who know me well will tell you that I am not someone who likes to make a statement or to provoke in any way so I really wouldn’t make this up. My intention is not to tell people to stop dyeing their hair, I believe in the freedom to choose. My intention is to bring an awareness to the potential health risks that an allergic reaction to hair dye can cause. Be aware, that is all I am saying.
Below are 12 articles about the hidden dangers of hair dye that might help with that awareness.
1. Discover The Hidden Dangers of Hair Colour Allergy - by www.chemicalfreeliving.com A Hairdressers story of allergy and health issues after using hair dye for years.
2. The Hidden Dangers Of Hair Colour – by www.healthy-holistic-living.com This article includes information on cancer studies and is worth reading!
3. Dying To Be Beautiful – An article in the Mirror Newspaper, features stories of serious reactions to hair dye and of a women in a coma, includes photos.
4. The Terrible Danger of Commercial Hair Dyes – Fabulous article by Monkey butt Junction which includes a personal story, several links with information and other stories. Recommended reading!
5. To Die For: PPD in Hair Dye – What We Don’t Know Won’t Kill us or Will It? An Article by Melanie Vollick includes photo.
6. Hair Dye Allergy Suspected In Teen Death – An Article by abc News about 17 year old Tabatha McCourt who died after dying her hair.
7. Beware The Dangers of Natural Hair Dyes Which Contain PPD – Don’t assume that the word natural on a box means that a product is all natural. Some natural hair dyes still contain PPD – www.naturalnews.com
8. The Dangers in Hair Dying and Safer Alternatives – Great article about the dangers of hair dye which includes a long list of chemicals. The article also offers natural alternatives. www.naturalnews.com
9. Hair Dyes and Cancer Risk – by The National Cancer Institute
10. Dangers of Colouring Hair While Pregnant – by www.healthnewsdigest.com
11. Researchers in Denmark said they think hair dye products may be more dangerous than they first thought – YouTube
12. Maternal Hair Dye Use and The Risk of Neuroblastoma in Offspring – This is scary NCBI